Starting Point

I suck at first entries. Always have. So instead of a bunch of nonsense, I am skipping right to the meat of the project ---- THE BUS! On July 4, 2009 we brought her home and parked her in our back/side yard.



My brother-in-law gets ready to help direct my husband in backing the bus up into the driveway.




Trying to get lined up to enter the driveway but a ditch on the other side of the road poses a little problem.




Despite the obstacles, the bus makes it safely into the backyard. The school bus was retired and then purchased from a church, as so often happens. Then the church didn't need it so they sold it. We got a killer deal on this sweet baby--- $750!




And this is how she looks in the yard from the front. I can't help but wonder what our neighbors think about all of this.

2 comments:

goodkarma said...

$750?!?! holy shit!

i paid $950 for my '88 dodge omni!


'twas meant to be, my friend, 'twas meant to be.

FernMistress said...

that's so funny. i had a dodge omni, too. not sure how much my stepdad paid for it. i was 16. and i do believe mine was a 1979, if i'm not mistaken.

but yeah, we were excited at the price tag. we definitely feel that it was meant to be to find such a good deal when we actually had the money. now if the rest of the conversion will just go so smoothly. :)

Post a Comment